County jobless rate at post-2008 low
That ties the lowest unemployment rate the county has seen since 2008, when the recession began. The only other time the rate was this low was last April.
The county had 2,400 fewer jobless people in October compared to September, according to a report released Tuesday by the state Employment Security Department. Compared to a year ago, the county has 6,050 fewer unemployed people. Then the county's jobless rate was 8.6 percent.
The county has gained 4,600 jobs in the aerospace industry since October 2011. It also has added 4,500 positions to the service-providing industry, which includes retail and restaurants.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- Construction is fast and furious at Smokey Point
- Business offers tips on crime prevention
- Briefs: Landau Associates in Edmonds hires several 10:36 a.m.
- You're right: Toilet paper sheets are shrinking
- Volkswagen Golf gets great mpg, even in the left lane
- Google expanding fiber service to 4 Southeastern metro areas
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.