County jobless rate at post-2008 low
That ties the lowest unemployment rate the county has seen since 2008, when the recession began. The only other time the rate was this low was last April.
The county had 2,400 fewer jobless people in October compared to September, according to a report released Tuesday by the state Employment Security Department. Compared to a year ago, the county has 6,050 fewer unemployed people. Then the county's jobless rate was 8.6 percent.
The county has gained 4,600 jobs in the aerospace industry since October 2011. It also has added 4,500 positions to the service-providing industry, which includes retail and restaurants.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- Hotel industry supplier Electric Mirror to expand in Everett
- Facebook ready to test giant drone for Internet service
- Economy up 2.3%; 1st quarter revised higher
- Our finance industry has grown too large
- Procter & Gamble sales dip on softer volume
- Briefs: Port of Everett awards $15,000 to support tourism
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.